Irrational Labs Behavioral Economics
The next 4-week sprint will be on March 14 – April 7.
The opening weekend will be held online (in response to Coronavirus), followed by 4 weekly online sessions. The weekend curriculum will be shared with registered participants. Weekly sessions are held live on Zoom and last 2-hours.
These dates don’t work for you? We’ll release new dates in early 2020. Stay in the loop
Who Should Apply
This program is best suited for product, marketing, and design leaders who are looking to develop deep expertise in using behavioral economics. You’ll advance your career with a deeper and differentiated understanding of customer psychology. You’ll drive your business results by immediately being able to apply learnings to your company priorities.
$7,500 per person
$5,800 per person, 2 people from the same company
$4,900 per person, 3 people from the same company
Ask about our nonprofit discount.
In this intensive part-time course, you’ll learn how to apply key insights about consumer behavior and make changes to improve your customer’s health, wealth, and happiness — and your business outcomes.
What you'll take away:
Actionable insights on how to leverage behavioral science in your product and feature development
The “3B framework” for behavior change: Solve for human biases (used by companies like Google and Facebook)
How to bring the art of experimentation into your product infrastructure and corporate culture
Survey & experimental design methodologies, including statistical best practices
Tools, like a behavioral diagnosis, that help you evaluate your current product experience and prioritize changes
Materials to enable you to train the rest of your team
How to use behavioral science ethically
Certificate of completion of the course
4-Week Sprint Curriculum
Now held online!
An Accelerated Deep Dive into Behavioral Economics
Week 1: Online
Engagement & Retention: Designing Products People Love and Stick With
Week 2: Online
Behavioral Marketing and Increasing Customer Value
Week 3: Online
Behavioral Product Management Tools & Frameworks
Week 4: Online
You'll be a part of our Behavioral Economics slack and community:
What Past Attendees Say:
A great investment in quickly grasping BE principles and learning to apply them to your organization and life using a repeatable process.
Insightful, practical and rigorous approach to understanding and applying BE from a practical action-learning perspective.
Really cool team! Your openness and passion was amazing. It feels like reading 100 books and studies of BE.
It made BE very concrete and applied versus an academic learning exercise. I feel more prepared to use what we learned in the real world.
A great opportunity to have deep learning in a short period time and prepare you to be suited to diagnose, problem solve and build/drive experiments.
The best thing that has ever happened to me in 2019 is attending this program!
- Who should attend the 4-week Sprint?
This Sprint is for people who are committed to understanding their customers’ psychology. There is a treasure trove of insights about why people do what they do. The current product and marketing tool kits only expose us to the tip of the iceberg. Attendees of the 4-week Sprint will go deep on these psychologies that can drive us, your customers and thus drive the adoption, engagement and retention of your product or service. People who attend should be ready to get their hands dirty – you will practice applying the tools and frameworks to your own roadmap as well as get a variety of experience applying it to general business problems.
- Who is Irrational Labs?
Irrational Labs was founded by author and professor Dan Ariely and Kristen Berman. Our mission is to use behavioral insights in order to help people be happier, healthier and wealthier. Hundreds of companies have used our methods and process to build new innovations and improve existing ones.
Companies like Google, Fidelity, Lyft and Uber, Aetna, Cuna Mutual, AARP, Ancestry.com have brought us in to work within their product and marketing teams to drive growth and engagement. Dozens of seed or series A startups have relied on us to help them understand their customers needs and build products that solve them. We are product designers and behavioral scientists. We are deeply passionate about designing our systems and our environment to change behavior (for good).
- Will Dan Ariely be my new best friend?
Maybe, but fyi he typically gives remote lectures for BE Bootcamp depending on where in the world he is at the moment.
- What is the weekly time commitment?
- During this course you will start thinking like a behavioral scientist. So while there are the actual (and non-trivial) time commitments to be aware of, you should expect to become immersed in the content in a way that seeps into your daily life. You’ll start seeing the world a bit differently. You’ll ask more questions. You’ll be more curious. We even hope that your friends start noticing that your conversation has shifted a bit!
- Of course, there is the actual time you’ll need to devote to make that shift possible! The course consists of 2 full days of class for the opening weekend (online for March 14-15 sessions) and 4 online sessions that will last about 2 hours each. Subject to change, given a pre-course survey, these are held at 9am PST on Tuesdays. In addition to the classes, plan on spending about 2 hours outside of class each week working on homework assignments.
- Do I get a certificate?
Alumni who have successfully passed the course can put this course on their LinkedIn and will get a certificate of completion!
- How can I lower the cost?
- We encourage multiple employees from the same company or business unit to attend because this will increase your ability to leverage and apply insights from BE Bootcamp and drive meaningful collaboration and outcomes for your company. The more people you bring, the better discount we can give!
- If you are from a non-profit, we will consider scholarships to support you. There are a limited number. Please mention in the application.
- How do the online sessions work?
Online sessions are held via Zoom. They are live and involve active participation.
- When is the 4-week Sprint?
More dates will be released soon. Sign up here to get notified.
- What are the course qualifications?
Applicants should have at least three years of work experience. No previous experience in behavioral economics is necessary. Preference will be given to teams and individuals from companies whose work is focused on making people happier, healthier, or wealthier.